Welcome to the obituaries of Colonial Funerals.

For more information contact us at (203) 407-8899 or at ColonialFunerals.com.

November 29, 2016


Michael (Mikey) Rivera, 41, of New Haven, passed away on Tuesday November 29th, 2016 peacefully surrounded by his family. Michael was born on March 31, 1975 at YNHH. He is a graduate of Wilbur Cross High School class of 1993. He continued on to be a dedicated and loyal worker in the field of maintenance. Everyone who worked with him marveled at his endless efforts and attention to detail. Michael will be remembered for the love he had for his family, his one of a kind laugh and the devotion he had for his two sons that shined through in everything he accomplished in life. Michael is survived by his parents Carmen (David) Florio of New Haven and Gilbert (Elizabeth) Rivera Sr. of Hamden, his siblings Gilbert (Marcie) Jr., Rodney, Steven, Amanda and Adam, his two sons Michael Jr. and Dvonte Rivera and his nieces and nephews whom he loved dearly. He also leaves behind aunts and uncles, cousins and lifelong friends. Also leaves behind his girlfriend Michelle Ruberton. Michael touched the lives of many people with his smile and generosity. His sense of humor and his incredible strength endured all the way to the end.

His funeral procession will leave Colonial, 86 Circular Ave. Hamden on Friday December 2, 2016 at 10:30am. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated in St. Rita Church at 11 O’clock. Interment will follow in Centerville Cemetery. CALLING HOURS at Colonial THURSDAY from 4-8pm. Condolences may be expressed at colonialfunerals.com.
Place of Service
 St. Rita Church 1620 Whitney Ave. Hamden, CT
Time of Service
Friday December 2 , 2016 at 11 O'clock
Place of Visitation
 Colonial, 86 Circular Ave. Hamden 
Time of Visitation
Thursday December 1, 2016 from 4-8pm.
Cemetery
 Centerville Cemetery
 

13 comments:

  1. Though it's been years since we last saw each other, I remember clear as day when we were kids playing with you and your brothers, hanging out in Tio Vic's pool. May you Rest In Peace Mikey. Love your cousin, Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikey God Bless you You will be Missed ,I remember you When you came over the House and spend time with my Kids Freddie Jr. and Jaysem ,there where times that you also came with your Brother Steven ,I knew your Family,went to School with them ,Once again R.I.P we All Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mike can't believe your gone you were always a cool dude we go way back with family... May you RIP Mike. ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. My deepest sympathies to the Rivera Family, Mike and I went to school together for along time many memories.. May he Rest In Peace God bless him and all his family, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family✝️��

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOD BLESS YOU MIKEY! MAY GOD HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE FOR YOU, REST IN PEACE! LOVE, UNCLE VIC
    AND
    JUANITA SANTIAGO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I have not seen u in so many years, the memories of u r still fresh. We had many laughs great times. U will b sadly missed. R.I.P. God Bless Your family in this time of need.
    ❤Mabel Rivera

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only New for a short time may God take you into his arms and watch over you R.I.P. Michael.
    R.Hines

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been so long since I have seen you guys but I have nothing but find memories of all of you. Mikey was such a great person I truly am sorry for your loss. Carmen I can't begin to imagine what you are g9ing through. You are all in my prayers. Xoxo Heather Lynn Grady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mikey, it's sad to know you have departed us and this earthly world. Although I was too young to remember our time together, I know it was special. My prayers are with you and the family. May God bless everyone and Mikey may your soul rest in God's peace. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mikey we love you and we know that you are in peace and in no more pain. We deeply miss you.
    Our families are staying strong together. Love The Rivera Family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Rodney, I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

    God Bless you and your family in this very difficult time.

    Daneen

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for your loss. Though it has been many years, Mike will always be in my memories and will be deeply missed.
    From your old friend:
    Chris Elwell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Gilbert and Liz
    I remember Mikey growing up when we were working together at Audubon Court. He was such a great kid!

    I am so sorry to learn that he has passed.

    Dave Parent

    ReplyDelete